What to bring
In preparing for your stay at Delmar Private Hospital, you should bring with you:
- Any letter(s) from your doctor relating to your procedure
- A list of your current medications
- Any x-ray or test results relevant to your procedure
- Health Fund details
- Medicare/Pension/Concession cards
- Safety Net card
- Veterans Affairs Entitlement card
- Night attire, dressing gown and slippers (this is not applicable for Day surgery procedures)
- Comfortable day clothes, including walking shoes
- Swimsuit for hydrotherapy
- Personal toiletries (not applicable for Day surgery procedures)
Fasting Before Surgery
It is important that you do not eat or drink, as instructed by your doctor. This is usually 6 to 8 hours before any surgical operation.
If you feel in any way unsure about this please do not hesitate to contact the hospital for advice.
This requirement is very important as any food or drink remaining in your stomach prior to an operation can cause serious danger for you if there is vomiting under anaesthesia.
On the Day of surgery
- Wear comfortable unrestrictive clothing
- Remove all nail polish and make up
- Shower or bath the morning of your operation
- Remove all jewellery except your wedding ring