About the program:
Our Reconditioning Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance and to educate patient’s following an illness or prolonged hospitalisation. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our team will develop an individualised rehabilitation plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients with reduced independence with daily activities, mobility, balance, general decline in fitness and strength.
The program aims:
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist, who together will develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them regain independence and resume their day to day life.
The aims of our Reconditioning Program include improving:
- mobility and balance
- general fitness
- general muscle strength and flexibility
- physical, psychological, and social recovery
- lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- Group or 1:1 physiotherapy with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing general strength, endurance, functional and mobility
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques, organising equipment and ensuring safe home set up for discharge
- Social Work as needed to organise services for discharge
- Dietetics involving education about healthy eating
- Information about medication management
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Rehabilitation Physicians and Medical Officers
- Social Workers